Universal Free School Meals
Free School Meals are available for students where their parents or guardians (not foster parents) are
in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support or Income Based Jobseekers AllowanceChild Tax Credit and whose annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16191. Your tax credit notice (Form TC602) will tell you this
- Guaranteed element of the state pension credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Income related employment support allowance
- Universal credit and whose net annual income is £7,400 or lower, excluding any benefits received.
- If you think you may be entitled to free school meals for your children because you receive qualifying benefits, please apply online via Wiltshire Council at http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/schools-learning-free-school-meals
- If you are in receipt of some benefits you may also enable the school to claim £1300. This is called The Pupil Premium Grant. This funding is then used to help support your child within school to ensure that they are achieving their full potential.
- Free School meals are NOT available to children of Parents/Guardians who receive Working Tax Credit unless it is Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)