Vision & Values
Our School Vision
Inspire, Aspire, Achieve
At Westbury Leigh Church of England Primary School we are inspired to flourish, aspire to great things and achieve beyond expectation. With God’s love we all grow as individuals, we are courageous, responsible and show respect in all we do.
“Inspire not to have more but to be more”
The School Strategic Plan is a three year plan, from September 2019 until July 2022, reflecting our vision, values and a determination to be exceptional. It has been developed following discussions with our stakeholders including staff, children, parents and governors over a period of time. Our School Improvement Plan sets out the current priorities for the school each year and comes under the umbrella of our strategic vision. The vision is underpinned by the story of Timothy from the Bible:
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young,
but set an example for the believers in speech,
in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.”
We believe that the future of our world is in the hands of our children and their voice and place within this should be nurtured, heard and respected.
Our core values are Respect, Responsibility and Courage and these are aligned to support our vision that every child will be inspired not to have more but to be more through aspiration and a focus on achievement. Our behaviours are reflected in our values
- To respect all members of our school community in working together to achieve our aims.
“Do to others, as you would wish them to do to you” - Luke 6:31
- To be courageous in aiming high in everything we do, demonstrating resilience and consideration when faced with a challenge.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you.” - Joshua 1:9
- Taking responsibility by being in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing in order to contribute to the success of the school
“For each will have to bear their own load.” - Galatians 6:5
Our school aims
- To be ambitious in all we do, envision things we can’t imagine yet, try our best and take pride in our own and others achievements
- To support and value each other, celebrate individuality and work together in achieving our goals
- To appreciate and look after our environment and the community in which we live
- To be curious, to fire nurture our imaginations, to be resourceful and to reflect on the wonder of learning, and make a difference in our amazing world
In response to the changing needs of our community, we have identified four actions that will focus our drive on achieving our vision:
- 1) To provide the highest quality of education for all; teaching and learning is the starting point for all schools to ensure that all children make excellent progress irrespective of their needs or starting point and this is reflected in achievement.
- 2) Be guided by our values to develop a school founded on an inspirational ethos; supporting individuals in their growth as responsible citizens.
- 3) To create a curriculum that promotes achievement, engagement and independence; educating our children for a rapidly changing future by providing a curriculum which equips them with the knowledge, skills and understanding for the future.
- 4) Seek out progressive partnerships between WLPS children, staff, local and wider communities; to develop further leading edge practices and innovations, we must work both formally and informally with a wide range of stakeholders.