Our School Uniform
To help promote a sense of school community it is important that pupils dress appropriately for the academic learning environment within Westbury Leigh CE Primary School. We therefore encourage everyone to wear school uniform. Our school colour is red and our uniform has been designed to be affordable and easy to source.
School uniform must be worn in school and at events where the school is being represented. This is usually indicated on letters to parents for each event.
Please note that at Westbury Leigh CE Primary School we do expect pupils to wear their school uniform correctly at all times.
If you are in any doubt of what is or is not appropriate uniform then please contact the school office for clarification.
Our school uniform consists of:
During Autumn and winter terms:
- Red school sweatshirt/ red cardigan with the school logo
- Polo shirt, shirt or blouse - white collared with either long or short sleeves
- Plain black or grey trousers (no denim jeans, tracksuit bottoms, leggings or skinny trousers)
- Girls can also wear plain black or grey skirts / pinafores which should be at or below knee length (no mini or fashion skirts)
- and be worn with plain white / grey or black tights or socks (socks must be worn at all times and tights made of a sensible material)
- Plain black sensible shoes with either buckle or laces
- Plain coat - in school colours
We recommend that pupils bring in wellingtons/rain boots and raincoats during the Autumn/Spring terms.
During the Summer Term:
- Plain grey / black shorts knee length
- Red checked summer dresses (dresses should be knee length and no shorter)
- Sunhats may be worn in the summer and these should be in school colours please (no fashion logos)
- Sensible plain shoes in school colours (white, red, black or grey). Sensible sandals will be permitted if worn with socks.
For reasons of health and safety we request that children wear sensible school shoes (not trainers, boots or heels) and that a belt or jewellery is not worn for school, with the possible exception of small stud earrings in pierced ears, which the child must be able to remove for PE, unaided.
Watches may be worn but must be plain and inexpensive.
Jewellery and makeup are not permitted in school.
Hair which is longer than shoulder length should be tied back.
When children take part in PE lessons they must wear appropriate PE kit for safety. This is:
- White t-shirt
- Black or grey shorts
- Black daps or trainers (if they can tie laces)
- One piece swimsuit or swimming trunks above the knee (not baggy)
PE Kit should be stored in a drawstring bag. We expect children to have their PE kit in school every day.
All items of uniform, PE Kit, school bags and other personal belogings must be clearly labelled with the child’s name.
How to order
Generally, items are readibly available at large supermarkets for a reasonable cost.
All of our school uniform, as well as book bags and PE kit bags with the school logo are available from our main stockist Scholars, at both the Trowbridge and Warminster branches.
Second hand uniform is also available to buy from FOWLs (Friends of Westbury Leigh School). For more information please contact the school office.
For lost property that has been labelled with the pupil's name and class, it will be returned to its rightful owner when found. It's therefore important that all property or personal items are fully and clearly labelled.
Any property that has been found unlabelled may initially be held by a teacher in the class room before being passed to the lost property room. On losing an item, pupils should check with the relevant teacher first before going to the office to ask them to check the Lost Property room to look in the lost property bin.
Parents are welcome on a Friday before 9 am and after 3.15pm to take a look in the Lost Property room for missing items. Periodically, lost property will be put on display for pupils and parents to view and collect. This is communicated via class teachers, the school website, facebook and the newsletter.
Lost property that is not claimed after an extended period will eventually be either donated to the second hand shop run buy FOWLs or will be discarded.